Monday, March 2, 2009

My heart is yours.

Well. it has been almost a month since we last talked.
crazy, eh?
time is a beautiful thing, just too quick to appreciate it. ha!
(yet, it never leaves...hmm)

anyways, i'm going too far in thought.

february has definitely been an interesting month. it was a combination of changes, new revelations, un-noticed love, breakthroughs, new music, patience, ...and more patience.
it's just been a good month, overall. i can't say it was un-eventful.
the discovery of kris vallotton, bill johnson, and derek schneider's sermons have not stopped blowing my mind each time. they are definitely up there, on my top people's list (if i had one...)

they've just been so good. so good. so good.

also, february marked the month revival week chose to step out and into new schools. i'm quite excited for this. new opportunities for the message of hope and love to spread out? FO SHO, my friends.

exciting times, i must say.

on a more personal note, february has definitely taught me (and still is) that patience is one of the most important pieces of love.
i have recently learned that my few bits and pieces of my heart were in my hands, rather than the perfect one, Daddy's. it was like, feelings i held in for certain people were only to be touched by me, and me only.
what i didn't know, is that those pieces were the very ones God's been poking me to give him.
because, you see, those are the pieces of my heart he''s looking to perfect. to polish up. to clean up and prepare for that one person i'm waiting for.
and if they're not in his hands, there is no way he can take care of me, fully.

i've given those pieces to him last night.
and yes, i want him to fully engage with me, and my heart. i want him to fully take control of all that is boggling my mind. all the thoughts, memories, dreams, songs that bring me to that place of wonders, i give to him.
it's just...i guess this only makes sense to me, but when you think about a certain person for too long, you get into the 'what ifs' and 'i doubt...' and 'i fear...'. that's when you take control.
and for me, i mess up when in control.
so, i chose to give that area of my life completely to him. to let my Daddy take care of my worries, fears, and doubts...so he can wash those up and replace them with faith, confidence, and patience.

i must say, when you miss someone, it's not easy.
but when you're fully engulfed in God's arms, there is no space for worry anymore.
it's perfect peace.
and whatever promise God's got for me, i will hold on to.
"I've gotcha, love."
he says.

so tonight, it's still march 2. and to say the least, i'm excited for what's to come.
(freshwind, in a month!)

i do love you all. whoever you may be.
leave a comment, or two. i'd love to hear from you.

be strong.
-melody.

ps. iceland makes wonderful music.
Parachutes and Sigur Ros, i recommend.

No comments: