Monday, January 26, 2009

What good in worshipping a God you know everything about?

...Where's the mystery in that?

i'm currently reading 'The Shack' and i must say, it is so so brilliant/challenging/amazing/enlightening/comforting...pretty much a must-read. and i'm only on chapter 7. HA.
i believe it's for both un-believers and believers. it answers the most common questions the world asks God, "where are you in the pain?". and it reminds believers that religion was broken down by Jesus, yes, i said BROKEN DOWN. 

i've been going through quite a battle these days, of course always in the mind, not in the heart. 
the thoughts of "where are you God?"and "why can't i feel you near?" keep attacking me, and i say 'attacking' because these questions are not naturally from myself. no, rather, they are from another source; one that is not in favour of us. actually, one that is looking to devour us, eat us up in million pieces, destroy us. one that hates us. and this one, you see, wants us apart from the Unconditional Lover; from our very own Daddy. 
but, what i am discovering, is that once again, this Hater is not creative. this isn't the first time i've thought these things in my mind. and the crazy thing is, they're not even true!
they're filthy lies. lies. lies. lies!
note to anyone in need of this: DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR MIND. HE'S A LIAR. YOUR DADDY IS RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. RIGHT NOW. HE'S HOLDING YOUR HAND. FOREVER HE HAS. 

so, God has reminded me last night, that he's actually always with me. holding my hand. carrying me when i can't walk anymore. and those lies in my mind are just clouds trying to distract me from him. they're trying to
fool me. when really, our Daddy is right here. in front of us. in front of me. 

photo by Gabriela Hansen


i think there is such a beauty in holding on to a hand we cannot see but we know is there. i can just imagine how happy that makes him! ahhh, he's smiling RIGHT NOW :) a smile so beautiful...so peaceful and loving...

reach out to Your Daddy...he's been waiting for you... :)

- melody.

ps. Daddy, i thank You and love You
.

1 comment:

Emily, with Love said...

I LOVE IT

you are spectaular
an extatic read
God egnights out spirits

LOVE